Lockdown 3: Treatment Guidelines
Holstic therapists are allowed to provide treatments during the current lockdown but only under very specifc criteria.
If you are considering booking a treatment please read the criteria for treament below and if, having taken into consideration the seriousness of the current Covid-19 situation, you still feel you need a treatment then please contact me using this form, briefly outlining the urgency of your treatment and including, where possible, a contact telephone number so that I can call you back.
If having read the criteria you feel that your treatment can wait, then please feel free to contact me if you would like any advice or guidance about support that you can access from the comfort and safety of your own home - there is no charge. Alternatively, take a look at my Resources Page for video's full of self-help tips and some guided visualisations / meditations.
CRITERIA FOR TREATING DURING LOCKDOWN #3
1. Treatments will only be provided to support clients who have a genuine health condition/medical need that requires urgent treatment and cannot be deferred. This might include, for example, clients who have an injury or health condition that is currently causing them severe pain or mobility issues, or is severely impacting their quality of life.
2. Client needs are to be assessed on a case by case basis to determine if treatment is essential and appropriate at this time. It would not be appropriate, for example, to treat clients for health complaints or injuries that are minor or self-limiting (which improve on their own), for stress relief, general aches and pains, or for relaxation or preventative healthcare purposes. The focus should be on treating individuals with essential health needs only, where the benefits of treatment outweigh any potential risk.
3. It has been strongly advised not to treat clients who are clinically extremely vulnerable during the lockdown, unless the therapist is working alongside (or has a referral from) a statutory regulated health professional and the treatment forms part of a wider patient care package.
Based in Bury St Edmunds, positive long-term change and transformation is my expertise and my passion
More of us than ever are choosing to take a more natural and holistic approach to our health and well-being. I am passionate about enabling my clients to do this, treating the whole body in order to get to the root cause of their symptoms or condition, ensuring that any change is long-term or permanent.
Although different in their own ways Bowen Therapy, also known as the Bowen Technique, and Reflexology are both extremely gentle, making them suitable for anyone of any age - and for whatever stage they are at in their lives. What unites them all is their holistic approach in treating the whole body rather than just the symptoms, condition, or situation.
My clients come to me for a variety of reasons; some because they need the time out to relax and recharge, but many because they are facing conditions, symptoms or situations that they want support with, the most common of these are:
- Painful Musculoskeletal issues: neck pain, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, sciatica, back pain, knee pain, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, sports injuries, and sprains
- Emotional and organic issues: stress, insomnia, anxiety, depression, fatigue, chronic fatigue, asthma, IBS, asthma, hay fever, headache, and migraines
- Reproductive / Fertility issues: fertility, menstrual / period pains, endometriosis, assisted conception, pregnancy, post-natal support, hormone balance
- Babies & Children: colic, constipation, teething, anxiety
Much of what the government requires me to do in order to keep us both safe and comfortable I already did prior to Covid-19. The only real changes you should notice are that consultations will now be done by telephone and that I will be wearing either a visor or a mask during your treatment. You are not required to wear a mask, but please feel free to do so if this makes you feel more comfortable. For my full statement and a detailed list of what I am doing to keep us both safe, please click on the image to the right.
With incredibly gentle moves, Bowen is suitable for anyone of any age. Truly holistic in its approach, it works with the whole body, getting to the root cause of your situation or condition rather than just focusing on the symptoms. The light and gentle moves used kick start the body’s own innate ability to heal itself, and for many of my clients the results have been profound and quick, with most needing no more than 3 treatments to resolve even long-standing conditions.
Take a look at this short video, originally put together for the Neal's Yard Remedies online community, which gives a brief overview of Bowen:
For more video’s and more information about Bowen Therapy, the subtle differences between Bowen and Fascia Bowen and how they might be able to support you, please click here
By stimulating and massaging points on the feet or hands that correspond to points in the body, I work with your own body's ability to restore balance and harmony. For some the benefit of a Reflexology treatment can be as simple as relaxation, for others it can help with stress and anxiety, or specific issues like back pain or migraines. With fertility treatment on the NHS more difficult to obtain, many people are also coming for support on their conception / fertility reflexology.
I’m also delighted to be able to tell you that I am now a qualified in Reflexology Lymph Drainage (RLD).
RLD is a ground-breaking and award-winning technique which may be used to help reduce lymphoedema after treatment for breast cancer, and for other more common conditions, such as: Arthritis, Asthma, Chronic fatigue, Eczema, Fibromyalgia, Headaches / migraines, ME, and Sinus problems.
For more information about how a Reflexology treatment with me, either at my Elmswell or Bury St Edmunds clinics, might be able to help you, please click here.
Your Pregnancy & Fertility Journey: Bowen and Reflexology
You might wish to explore the use of Bowen Therapy or Reflexology as part of fertility journey. Many women also find Bowen and Reflexology helpful during pregnancy and in preparing them for the birth of their baby: Gawri Motha, author of “The Gentle Birth Method” recommends both as great ways to support mum-to-be in relation to back pain, nausea, pubic and pelvic pain, mastitis, and for mothers who are tense or anxious.
To find out more about how Bowen Therapy or Reflexology might be able to support you on your pregnancy or fertility journey please click here.
Bowen Therapy and Reflexology are suitable for babies and children, not least due to their very gentle nature, and I offer reduced prices for treatments on children aged 0-18. For more information please click here or see my Prices.