I hope that you will barely notice any difference in your treatments or in my treatment room as much of what I am required to do I was already doing before the new guidance was issued. However, in order to ensure we both feel safe and comfortable, there are a few changes I am required to put in place. These are summarised below, followed by a more in-depth explanation. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to talk about any element of this in more detail.
In order to minimise face to face contact time all health and well-being questionnaires will be sent via email, and where possible your consultation will be conducted by phone the day before your treatment. If you do not wish to complete your health and well-being questionnaire via email this can be done in person on the day of your appointment - it will not affect your treatment time.
You should arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time, and your appointment will last around 45 minutes - 1 hour depending on how we have completed your consultation.
Although I am required to wear either a visor or mask depending upon your treatment, as from 8th August 2020 you are required to wear a mask for your treatment - unless you fall into one of the exemption categories.
You can pay by card on the day of your treatment as you have always done, but I will also give you details of how you are able to pay in advance if you would like to do so.
Cleaning & Facilities
Toilet and hand-washing facilities are available and will be cleaned before and after your treatment. All surfaces in the treatment space will be cleaned in the normal way and in accordance with government guidance before and after your treatment, and any linens used will be changed for each client and washed in the normal way and in accordance with government guidelines.
Cancellations due to Covid-19
We will reschedule your appointment if you, (or I), have any Covid-19 symptoms, have been in close contact with anyone who has the symptoms, or if you have had any foreign travel in the last 14 days. There will no cancellation fee if your appointment needs to be rescheduled due to Covid-19.
Making an appointment
- You can make an appointment providing you are not symptomatic of Covid-19 or any other infection for the past 14 days.
- You cannot make an appointment if you have had any foreign travel within 14 days or live with anyone symptomatic as you should be self-isolating for 14 days.
- If you are a new client you will be emailed a health and well-being questionnaire prior to your first appointment. This can be completed online and returned to me as soon as possible. If you prefer to do this on the phone then please let me know.
- The day before your appointment I will call you to work through the questionnaire, discuss your health and well-being needs, and will answer any questions you have about your treatment. Where the appointment is for a child, this will be carried out with their chaperone. This is to help reduce the amount of face to face time in the treatment room.
- As part of every pre-appointment consultation I will ask you the following questions:
1.Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough?
2.Do you have a high temperature?
3.Have you noticed a loss of or a change in normal sense of taste or smell?
4.Have you had any foreign travel within the last 14 days?
5.Do you live with anyone who is symptomatic of Covid?
If any of these are a ‘yes’ then, no matter how mild your symptoms, we will reschedule your appointment. Please note there will be no cancellation fee.
- For subsequent appointments the same procedure will apply, and will be focused on changes that have occurred since your last appointment and any new information that you need to tell me.
- Your appointment will last around 45 minutes. Please note that this is not a reduction in hands-on treatment time, on a reduction in your appointment time as we have already conducted the consultation on the phone.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early for your appointment.
- The gate and (weather permitting) side door will be open for you walk straight into the treatment room.
- When you arrive for your appointment you will be asked to wash your hands and apply hand sanitiser. This will be provided for you.
Protective personal equipment
- There is no requirement for you to wear a face mask, however, if you feel that this would make you more comfortable during your treatment then please feel free to do so.
- I am required to wear a full-face visor for Bowen and Reiki treatments, and a face mask for foot Reflexology. I am not required to wear gloves.
Cleaning and hygeine
- For at least the first few weeks I will be operating a 45-minute break between appointments in order to ensure that I have time to write up my notes from the previous client, that the room is thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival, and that there is no cross-over between clients.
- All of my couches, treatment chairs, pillows and bolsters are wipeable, and any linens (including blankets) used will be changed between each client and washed and dried according to government guidelines.
- Please note: If you do not want any soft coverings these can be removed prior to your appointment. I will check your requirements during our consultation.
- The government guidelines are clear that all surfaces should be cleaned with soap and water. As an added layer of protection I will also be using Dew Disinfect and Hand Sanitiser products which are free from harsh chemicals, cruelty-free, and vegan friendly, and are more effective than bleach.